Sunday, November 7, 2010

Our attempts at having a pet

This is us hiking at the "Rock Beach"  at our house.  Since this picture was taken, Mike and the boys have banned me from going on their hike.  John and Ty told me that they like to hike high and go over, as Ty would say it, "danger places", and that when I'm there I'm too scared and they can't do it. Pretty funny, it's probably for the best.  They almost give me a heart attack every time they are out there.  I guess I'll let it be a Dad and boy thing.  Well, below is a picture of the boys' first pet.  They caught a small hermit crab at the "Rock Beach" and decided to name him Hermie and Henry. Henry/Hermie escaped a few hours into his stay with us but we found him the next day climbing on the lamp cord.  Hermie/Henry didn't last very long and we have since attempted to take care of 3 other hermit crabs, who have also gone to the other side. I finally sat the boys down and explained that we might not be hermit crab people.  I think we will try our luck with a pet fish after Thanksgiving.

No comments: